14 Jul Software Engineer (Junior/Senior) (all genders)
Life is awesome, and so should be the job that makes you get up every day. At viesure, we unite exceptional people who strive to make a difference. Together we tackle the status quo and aim at taking every aspect of insurance to a whole new level of user orientation, simplicity, and convenience. We do so by developing next-generation solutions. So, are you willing to shape the future? Join us #creatingtomorrow
You will work in a cross-functional team with experts in various domains to build the next generation of products for our customers. Together with your team, you will be responsible for the engineering, coding, and setting up cloud infrastructure to develop future features, products, and apps. Thanks to our cloud-native approach, you can focus on coding without having to worry about waiting for infrastructure. Continuous learning, knowledge sharing, and short feedback cycles guarantee constant improvement in your skills.
Your daily business…
- Plan & implement new features in close cooperation with our product owners
- Ensure stability, performance & other non-functional requirements of our services
- Evaluate & introduce new technologies & frameworks for our products
- Share your knowledge and insights with the team
- Focus on driving innovation from a technical and product perspective
- Passion for building production-ready software
- Skilled in software development with e.g. Java, microservices, Spring, and cloud technologies like GCP, AWS, IaC, etc.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- User and data-centric mindset
- Team player
If some technology is missing in your skillset, don’t worry – we provide many resources and ways to improve your skills.
The following statements contain our beliefs, values, and our working spirit. They also show how we think an ideal candidate for this position would work, think, and act at viesure.
So if you meet the requirements and skills mentioned in the sections above and find yourself in the following statements, we are really up for a coffee with you.
- You are honest, reliable, intrinsically motivated, and you have a growth mindset.
- You know the ins and outs of the tools you use and become an expert on any new tools you need to use.
- Attention goes where energy flows: you can prioritize, keep yourself focused and always pay attention to detail.
- You like experimenting and are always looking for better ways to get things done.
- You don’t need hand-holding to get things done.
- You are motivated by challenges, and you don’t get easily overwhelmed when there are lots of things to do.
- You are a smart and fast learner but humble enough to give and accept constructive feedback.
- You are passionate about the continuous improvement of processes, as well as excellence-oriented.
We offer you various fields of activity and the opportunity to contribute to shaping our innovation center. Constant development in your skills is significant to us, which is why we offer you various possibilities to pursue personal growth. Furthermore, we share our knowledge and experience in tech talks, insurance talks, conferences, and workshops.
Apply now and join our team of experts
We offer an open working environment, flat hierarchies, and good benefits.
Right now, we are mostly working from home but are looking forward to getting back together and continuing to work in our office when the situation allows it. Our office is accommodated at Talent Garden – Vienna’s startup hotspot, located right next to the city’s heart.
Based on the Austrian Collective Agreement, we offer an annual salary starting at EUR 35.000,- (full-time) for newcomers to the profession. Depending on your qualification and experience level, we are willing to also significantly overpay.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Apply now and contact email@example.com. Of course, your application will be handled confidentially.