Life is awesome and so should be the job that makes you get up every day.
viesure develops next generation services by taking every aspect of insurance to a whole new level of user-orientation, simplicity and convenience. We are looking for exceptional people who strive to make a difference.
Product Owner (m/f)
You will work in a cross-functional team with experts in various domains to build the next generation of products for our customers. Together with your team, you will be responsible for developing future features, products and apps. Your team relies on the product backlog and user stories that you create, maintain, manage and prioritise. Importantly, you will be responsible to decide about what your team does not do and thereby optimise the output, that your team delivers. You will interact with stakeholders from various domains (e.g. business and professional departments, marketing, sales, senior management, etc.) and catalyse their input in the products that you drive. In all this, you put the user and his/her benefit first. Continuous learning, knowledge sharing, and short feedback cycles guarantee a constant improvement in your skills. You will work in close cooperation with start-ups and cooperation leading in their fields to build the best possible solutions.
- Manage all aspects of product innovation from the vision through the acceptance & launch
- Create and manage user stories incl. acceptance criteria
- Manage and maintain functional & non-functional requirements
- Manage, maintain and prioritize the product backlog
- Manage releases, timeline & milestones
- Short term planning incl. sprint planning, goal setting & reviewing
- Coordinate stakeholders & external dependencies
- Coordinate user acceptance test
- Coordinate product launch requirements
- User-centered attitude, thinking and mindset
- Hands-on experience as a product owner or software product manager of at least 3 years
- Strong theoretical foundation: we don’t care if you are self-taught and can demonstrate your skills via certifications (CSPO, PSPO, ISPMA, etc.) or have an academic background in computer science/information systems/business informatics – if you have both it’s a big plus
- Professional experience with agile software development and a solid understanding of agile/lean principles to manage complexity and quickly deliver
- Good communication skills – verbal & written, German (native or C1+) and English incl. the ability to carefully listen to your users
- An open personality that can connect with different kinds of stakeholders on various corporate levels
- A thorough, decisive and structured approach in order to manage product backlogs and ensure quality while driving innovation and progress
- Curiosity and passion to explore and grow in new domains
- Insurance know-how is a big plus, but no explicit pre-condition
- Tool knowledge: JIRA/Confluence, MS Office, InVision, etc.
We offer you a variety of fields of activity and the opportunity to contribute to shaping our innovation center. Constant development in your skills is very important to us, which is why we offer you various possibilities to pursue personal growth. Furthermore, we share our knowledge and experience in tech talks, insurance talks, conferences and workshops.
Apply now and join our team of experts
We offer an open work environment, flat hierarchies and pleasant benefits. You’ll be working in an interactive and modern workplace located at the heart of Vienna. Furthermore, we are heading to move into a new office, which is located at the start-up hot spot Talent Garden Vienna.
Based on Austrian working law, the minimum wage must be specified in job postings. The minimum annual salary for this position is set to EUR 40.000,– (fulltime) according to the collective agreement. Depending on your qualification and experience, we are willing to overpay.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Apply now and contact email@example.com. Of course your application will be handled confidentially.