05 Jul Product Owner API (all genders)
Life is awesome and so should be the job that makes you get up every day. At viesure, we unite exceptional people who strive to make a difference. Together we tackle the status quo and aim at taking every aspect of insurance to a whole new level of user orientation, simplicity, and convenience. We do so by developing next-generation solutions. So, are you willing to shape the future? Join us #creatingtomorrow
Product Owner API (all genders)
In your role as Product Owner, you will work in a cross-functional team with experts in various domains to build the next generation of products for our customers. Together with your team, you will be responsible for developing innovative ways to offer relevant insurance products. Your team relies on the product backlog and user stories that you create, maintain, manage and prioritize. Most importantly, you will be responsible to decide what your team does not do and thereby optimize the output that your team delivers. You will interact with stakeholders from various domains (e.g. marketing, sales, legal, senior management, etc.) and catalyze their input in the products that you drive. In all this, you put the user and his/her benefit first. Continuous learning, knowledge sharing, and short feedback cycles guarantee constant improvement in your skills. You will work in close cooperation with start-ups and companies leading in their fields to build the best possible solutions.
Your daily business …
- Manage all aspects of a new API insurance product project from the concept through launch and implementation at partners
- Shape the characteristics of an insurance product by comparing it to competitors and aligning it to customer needs
- Stay up to date on the latest trends of open insurance and be in touch with relevant InsurTechs in this field
- Promote and explain your API solution to potential partners and facilitate the integration to our APIs
- Create and manage user stories incl. acceptance criteria and non-functional requirements
- Manage, maintain and prioritize the product backlog
- Manage releases, timeline & milestones
- Short-term planning incl. sprint planning, goal setting & reviewing
- Coordinate stakeholders & external dependencies
- KPI management and KPI based steering of a product
- Coordinate with a technical writer, dev ops, and UX designers
Your skills …
- User-centered attitude, thinking, and mindset
- Hands-on experience as a Product Owner or Software Product Manager of at least 3 years
- Familiar with Rest, Swagger, and JSON/XML
- Strong theoretical foundation: we don’t care if you are self-taught and can demonstrate your skills via certifications (CSPO, PSPO, ISPMA, etc.) or have an academic background in computer science/information systems/business informatics – if you have both it’s a big plus
- Professional experience with agile software development and a solid understanding of agile/lean principles to manage complexity and quickly deliver
- Good communication skills – verbal & written, German (native or C1 / full professional proficiency), and English including the ability to carefully listen to your users
- An open personality that can connect with different kinds of stakeholders on various corporate levels
- A thorough, decisive, and structured approach in order to manage product backlogs and ensure quality while driving innovation and progress
- Curiosity and passion to explore and grow in new domains
- Insurance know-how is a big plus, but no explicit pre-condition
If some technology is missing in your skillset, don’t worry – we provide a lot of resources and ways to improve your skills.
Your mindset …
The following statements contain our beliefs, values, and our working spirit. They also show descriptively how we think an ideal candidate for this position would work, think, and act at viesure.
So if you meet the requirements and skills mentioned in the sections above and you also find yourself in the following statements, we are really up for a coffee with you.
- You are honest, reliable, intrinsically motivated and you have a growth mindset.
- You are tech-savvy. You know the ins and outs of all the tools you use and quickly understand and become an expert on any new tools you need to use.
- Attention goes where energy flows: you can prioritize, keep yourself focused and always pay attention to detail.
- You like experimentation and are always looking for better ways to get things done.
- You don’t need handholding to get things done.
- You are motivated by challenges and you don’t get easily overwhelmed when there are lots of things to do.
- You’re a smart and fast learner, but humble enough to give and accept constructive feedback.
- You are passionate about the continuous improvement of processes, as well as excellence-oriented.
We offer you a variety of fields of activity and the opportunity to contribute to shaping our innovation center. Constant development in your skills is very important to us, which is why we offer you various possibilities to pursue personal growth. Furthermore, we share our knowledge and experience in tech talks, insurance talks, conferences, and workshops.
Apply now and join our team of experts
We offer an open working environment, flat hierarchies, and good benefits. You’ll be working in our office at Talent Garden Vienna – the startup hot spot located at the heart of Vienna. Based on Austrian working law, the minimum wage must be specified in job postings. The minimum annual salary for this position is set to EUR 40.000,– (full-time) according to the collective agreement. Depending on your qualification and experience, we are willing to overpay.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Apply now and contact email@example.com. Of course, your application will be handled confidentially.