14 Jan Product Owner (all genders)
Life is awesome and so should be the job that makes you get up every day. At viesure, we unite exceptional people who strive to make a difference. Together we tackle the status quo and aim at taking every aspect of insurance to a whole new level of user-orientation, simplicity and convenience. We do so by developing next generation solutions. So, are you willing to shape the future? Join us #creatingtomorrow
Product Owner (all genders)
In your role as Product Owner, you will work in a cross-functional team with experts in various domains to build the next generation of products for our customers. Together with your team, you will be responsible for developing future features, products and apps. Your team relies on the product backlog and user stories that you create, maintain, manage and prioritise. Most importantly, you will be responsible to decide about what your team does not do and thereby optimise the output that your team delivers. You will interact with stakeholders from various domains (e.g. business and professional departments, marketing, sales, senior management, etc.) and catalyse their input in the products that you drive. In all this, you put the user and his/her benefit first. Continuous learning, knowledge sharing, and short feedback cycles guarantee a constant improvement in your skills. You will work in close cooperation with start-ups and companies leading in their fields to build the best possible solutions.
Your daily business …
- Manage all aspects of a product innovation project from the vision through acceptance and launch
- Create and manage user stories incl. acceptance criteria and non-functional requirements
- Manage and maintain functional & non-functional requirements
- Manage, maintain and prioritize the product backlog
- Manage releases, timeline & milestones
- Short term planning incl. sprint planning, goal setting & reviewing
- Coordinate stakeholders & external dependencies
- Coordinate user acceptance test
- Coordinate product launch requirements
- KPI management and KPI based steering of a product
- Coordinate with a technical writer, UI designer, UX designer and story champ
Your skills …
- User-centred attitude, thinking and mindset
- Hands-on experience as a Product Owner or Software Product Manager of at least 3 years
- Strong theoretical foundation: we don’t care if you are self-taught and can demonstrate your skills via certifications (CSPO, PSPO, ISPMA, etc.) or have an academic background in computer science/information systems/business informatics – if you have both it’s a big plus
- Professional experience with agile software development and a solid understanding of agile/lean principles to manage complexity and quickly deliver
- Good communication skills – verbal & written, German (native or C1 / full professional proficiency) and English incl. the ability to carefully listen to your users
- An open personality that can connect with different kinds of stakeholders on various corporate levels
- A thorough, decisive and structured approach in order to manage product backlogs and ensure quality while driving innovation and progress
- Curiosity and passion to explore and grow in new domains
- Insurance know-how is a big plus, but no explicit pre-condition
- Tool knowledge: JIRA/Confluence, MS Office, InVision, etc.
If some technology is missing in your skill set, don’t worry – we provide a lot of resources and ways to improve your skills.
Your mindset …
The following statements contain our beliefs, values and our working spirit. They also show descriptively how we think an ideal candidate for this position would work, think, and act at viesure.
So if you meet the requirements and skills mentioned in the sections above and you also find yourself in the following statements, we are really up for a coffee with you.
- You are honest, reliable, intrinsically motivated and you have a growth mindset.
- You are Tech-savvy. You know the ins and outs of all the tools you use and quickly understand and become an expert on any new tools you need to use.
- Attention goes where energy flows: you can prioritize, keep yourself focused and always pay attention to detail.
- You like experimentation and are always looking for better ways to get things done.
- You don’t need handholding to get things done.
- You are motivated by challenges and you don’t get easily overwhelmed when there are lots of things to do.
- You’re a smart and fast learner, but humble enough to give and accept constructive feedback.
- You are passionate about the continuous improvement of processes, as well as excellence oriented.
We offer you a variety of fields of activity and the opportunity to contribute to shaping our innovation center. Constant development in your skills is very important to us, which is why we offer you various possibilities to pursue personal growth. Furthermore, we share our knowledge and experience in tech talks, insurance talks, conferences and workshops.
Apply now and join our team of experts
We offer an open working environment, flat hierarchies and good benefits.
Right now we’re working from home, but we’re really looking forward to getting back together and continuing to work in our office when the situation allows it. Our office is accommodated at Talent Garden – Vienna’s startup hot spot, located right next to the heart of the city.
Based on Austrian working law, the minimum wage must be specified in job postings. The minimum annual salary for this position is set to EUR 40.000,– (fulltime) according to the collective agreement. Depending on your qualification and experience, we are willing to overpay.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Apply now and contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, your application will be handled confidentially.