06 Jul Head of Technology (all genders)
Life is awesome and so should be the job that makes you get up every day. At viesure, we unite exceptional people who strive to make a difference. Together we tackle the status quo and aim at taking every aspect of insurance to a whole new level of user orientation, simplicity, and convenience. We do so by developing next-generation solutions. So, are you willing to shape the future? Join us #creatingtomorrow
You will work in a cross-functional team with experts in various domains to build the next generation of products for our customers. In your role as Head of Technology, you will enable the teams to fulfill our mission of providing the best customer experience in the Austrian insurance market with our digital products. In the past years, we have proven to be able to provide the best & award-winning insurance app in Austria and you will ensure the next level of our success story from a technical point of view. You will work in close cooperation with start-ups and industry-leading partners to build the best possible solutions.
Your daily business…
- Leading 30+ people (mobile, data science, backend, DevOps, QA & scrum) in 5+ cross-functional teams
- Guiding teams in their technical solutions to build a state-of-the-art overall architecture
- Acting as a driver for pushing new technologies as an enabler for innovation
- Helping teams building a customer-centric and data-driven mindset to provide the most value to our customer
- Being a technology advisor in e.g., evaluating startups or within the enterprise
- Ensuring compliance & security guidelines are met
- Helping to build a long-term vision & strategy for innovation, digitalization & digital transformation
- Master Degree in Software Engineering, Business Informatics or similar
- 10+ years of experience in product development building production-ready software in various roles such as developer, architect, and in a leading position with staff responsibility
- Good soft skills in leading people in challenging situations & experience in change management
- Good skills in software development with e.g., Java, microservices, Spring, AI, and cloud technologies like AWS, Docker, CI/CD, etc. and infrastructure
- Deep knowledge/Certifications in any of the big Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Deep knowledge/Certifications in agile leadership & digital transformation
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- User and data-centric mindset
- Team player
- German and English C1
If some technology is missing in your skillset, don’t worry – we provide many resources and ways to improve your skills.
We offer you a variety of fields of activity and the opportunity to contribute to shaping our innovation center. Constant development in your skills is very important to us, which is why we offer you various possibilities to pursue personal growth. Furthermore, we share our knowledge and experience in tech talks, insurance talks, conferences, and workshops.
Apply now and join our team of experts
We offer an open working environment, flat hierarchies, and good benefits. You’ll be working mainly in our office at Talent Garden Vienna – the startup hot spot located at the heart of Vienna.
Based on the Austrian Collective Agreement, we offer an annual salary of EUR 110.000,- (full-time) for this position. Depending on your qualification and experience, we are willing to overpay.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Apply now and contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, your application will be handled confidentially.